20 highlights of my trip so far (in no particular order)
1) Listening to whales at midnight at the end of Hermosa Beach Pier.
2) Cycling to the top of Santa Monica mountain and nearly dying of dehydration.
3) Last night madness in San Diego.
4) Lunch at the Top Gun bar.
5) Cruising down the Strip in Las Vegas in an open top sports car.
6) Winning money on the slot machines in L.V.
7) Daytime at nightime in the Venitian.
8) Writing letters whilst listening to someone play classical music on the piano in the youth hostel.
9) Feeling on top of the world (or at least on top of L.A. at the Getty Centre).
10) Going to the cinema on a Monday afternoon just because I felt like it.
11) Drinking beer on the beach in the dark with some friends I met in the hostel, watching the explosiveness quality of the waves.
12) Watching the most incredible sunset on a deserted beach, the only sound being the ocean.
13) Going to the 'hottest part of America', Death Valley, when it was snowing.
14) Watching pelicans dive-bomb for fish and tiny birds play chicken with the waves.
15) Having a drink in the 'Hotel del Coranado', then seeing San Diego harbour at night.
16) Watching a seal play in the ocean.
17) Going to an aquarium in the middle of the desert.
18) Meeting a nice couple at a bus stop, and then them taking me to dinner at the end of the journey.
19) Thanksgiving dinner in the hostel.
20) Meeting so many people I know over here - Dave, Chris, Mark, Sue (but not Claire unfortunately), but also meeting loads of new people.

1 Comments:
Hi Sue,
Really glad you're having a great time - so many highlights and you haven't even been gone a month yet! I may bump into you at some point next year - I decided that a month wasn't enough so I'm probably off for a year from August (this travel bug must be infectious!).
Post a Comment
<< Home